We are adding a senior level scrum team member with a focus on software engineering to help enhance our industry leading, in-house developed IT solutions. This position will work on a scrum team responsible for developing web based versions of our core applications as well as continuing to identify opportunities to trial and deploy new applications and tools to help keep our company on the cutting edge of transportation solutions.
Total Quality Logistics (TQL) is a multi-billion dollar leader in the logistics industry. Our state-of-the-art technology is the competitive edge that has propelled us from a Cincinnati startup to one of the largest freight brokerage firms in North America. We were the first-to-market for mobile technology and continually develop and enhance in-house propriety solutions based on the latest Microsoft technologies. As a member of the IT team, you will help define where logistics technology is going in an industry that's ripe for automation while developing professionally along a robust career path.
- Write code across the full stack – front end Web UI, middle tier service layer, and back end database.
- Perform analysis of requirements and design.
- Work in an Agile Scrum team environment, collaborating closely with scrum team members, the product owner and the scrum master.
- Show drive and interest in continuous improvement and learning new systems, applications, technologies.
- Actively participate or lead architectural design sessions.
- Participate in scrum team ceremonies and grooming sessions to identify stories and tasks
- Supports and maintains existing websites, and web applications, troubleshooting issues as they arise and recommending improvements.
- Ability to provide basic server support as it relates to web development (IIS, DNS, permissions) and work with our networking team for more advanced server configuration/support.
You need the following:
- 4+ years of web development experience in .NET and C# framework
- 4+ years' experience with Web Services, JSON, XML, REST Technologies
- Understanding of relational database design and SQL scripting to create tables, views and stored procedures
- Experience developing reliable, enterprise-grade applications
- Experience with agile development and a continuous integration build environment
- Experience with source control systems (preferably VSTS) and branching strategies
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and cloud technology a plus
- Can effectively handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and superior problem-solving skills
What we prefer, but don't require:
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as LESS or SASS
- Knowledge of or desire to work with TypeScript
- Interest in design patterns and their usage in developing maintainable, extensible code
- An interest in unit testing or other automated testing approaches
- Understanding of Dependency Injection and experience with an Inversion of Control container such as AutoFac, Ninject, Unity, etc.
Total Quality Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact recruiting at firstname.lastname@example.org.