The TQL Facilities team is the reason why our office locations across the United States are some of the best in the business. This position has a heavy emphasis on all aspects of planning and development of current and future satellite offices as well as contributing to the development and maintenance of the Cincinnati headquarters. This position is primarily responsible for performing moderate to advanced levels of office setup, maintenance and improvement of existing office facilities.
Total Quality Logistics (TQL) is a multi-billion dollar leader in the third-party logistics industry. Its fast-paced, energetic sales model and state-of-the-art technology has propelled it from a Cincinnati start-up to one of the largest freight brokerage firms in North America. Motivated employees from coast-to-coast help to arrange thousands of truckload freight movements every day. Fierce dedication to the company’s winning principles – integrity, honesty and teamwork – gives TQL the edge to continually exceed the expectations of its employees, customers and carriers, and makes this a company people are proud to be associated with. Do you have what it takes?
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.)
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.)
- Reconfigure, install, position, and remount modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks
- Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, refrigerators, evaporative coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.).
- Ability to make decisions in a fast-paced environment and under tight deadlines
- Assist IT Departments in the setup, tear down and installation of IT systems including network components, PCs, monitors and other Audio/Visual Equipment
- Develop and present reports for supervisor evaluating problems and providing recommendations for solutions
- Perform transportation of materials and maintenance support 10-15% of the time to local TQL Cincinnati Offices
- Work from elevated areas using ladders, platforms, motorized lifts and scaffolding
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with 24/7/365 availability as needed in urgent situations such as snow removal and major outages etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Contributes to the growth of the business by referring quality candidates into the hiring process
You need the following:
- 1 plus years of experience working in commercial, residential and/or industrial environment
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record within company and auto insurance required standards
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft office and Internet use.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Disciplined work style with attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Ability to deal with time constraints and effectively manage deadlines
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Slackers need not apply.
Total Quality Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact recruiting at firstname.lastname@example.org.