At TQL, our Collections team is an essential part of the industry-leading logistics services we provide 24/7/365. As a Collections Specialist you will be responsible for reviewing and working to resolve past due and overall aged AR accounts. This includes working with sales teams and customers to provide appropriate steps to resolve billing disputes as well as timely escalations through the collection’s process.
Total Quality Logistics (TQL) is a multi-billion dollar leader in the third-party logistics industry. Its fast-paced, energetic sales model and state-of-the-art technology has propelled it from a Cincinnati start-up to one of the largest freight brokerage firms in North America. Motivated employees from coast-to-coast help to arrange thousands of truckload freight movements every day. Fierce dedication to the company’s winning principles – integrity, honesty and teamwork – gives TQL the edge to continually exceed the expectations of its employees, customers and carriers, and makes this a company people are proud to be associated with. Do you have what it takes?
- Initiate calls and/or correspondence with customers to inquire about outstanding A/R balances
- Conduct account research and analysis to resolve billing disputes and payment discrepancies
- Provide top notch customer service to both internal and external customers
- Deliver monthly updates to management on the status of top customer account balances, detailing collection efforts taken and a proposed resolution strategy
- Collaborate with sales teams to provide appropriate and timely escalations of past due accounts (and ensuring timely resolutions)
- Assist in broker training, as required, with emphasis on getting both TQL and our brokers paid earlier (also includes A/R best practices tips, system utilization, new ideas)
- Maintain and improve collections policies (e.g., use of payment terms field, better corporate linkage, etc.)
- Be familiar with the various sales support teams within TQL, their general functions and how they impact the accounts receivable side of TQL’s business
- Assist in LAE training as required, with emphasis on getting both TQL and our LAE’s paid earlier. This includes sharing A/R best practices, utilization of systems such as the Accounting Load Board, and assisting with the direction to the appropriate department within TQL that can assist the LAE in managing the A/R side of their book of business
You need the following:
- Previous work experience in accounts receivable, customer service, or collections. TQL experience is valued and can offset the lack of accounts receivable or collections experience
- Prior relationship management experience
- Ability to work quickly, handle multiple requests and meet deadlines occurring at the same time
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong independent decision-making skills with the ability and confidence to effectively communicate your decisions to management
- Exceptional telephone, communication and interpersonal skills
Total Quality Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact recruiting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Credit / Collections