Join our scrum team with a focus on Quality Assurance and release planning for our Core Product Development Team. This position will work on our scrum team and closely with our, Product Owner and Helpdesk Teams to both test and document new features and/or processes before releasing them to production. Today our Core Product is Windows Forms based but we are modernizing it to a web based application so there is an opportunity for a high performing scrum team member with a keen eye for quality assurance.
Total Quality Logistics (TQL) is a multi-billion dollar leader in the logistics industry. Our state-of-the-art technology is the competitive edge that has propelled us from a Cincinnati startup to one of the largest freight brokerage firms in North America. We were the first-to-market for mobile technology and continually develop and enhance in-house propriety solutions based on the latest Microsoft technologies. As a member of the IT team, you will help define where logistics technology is going in an industry that's ripe for automation while developing professionally along a robust career path.
- Create and execute test scripts that satisfies the story acceptance criteria. This will include writing SQL to verify data was successfully saved in the database
- Assist in maintaining test environments
- Works with other scrum team members and the product owner to test and prerelease software to assure operational integrity and suitability of story acceptance criteria.
- Works with the scrum team and product owner to build release plans and document feature contents of releases along with tracking status and changes to the release plan.
- Keep an organized log features and changes made in each software release.
- Keep an organized log testing releases and users who received those releases.
- Work with the scrum team to execute and track success of releases.
- Work with the PM to communicate with users, user groups, user’s supervisors, helpdesk teams and IT management preparing them for all releases and the contents of those releases.
- Follow up on issues and act as the intake agent for issues escalated to the scrum team.
- Validate and provide information, if possible or appropriate, on issues escalated to the scrum team.
- Resolve, if possible or appropriate, issues escalated to the scrum team.
- Assist in the development of the long-term strategy for QA testing, automation testing, load testing and QA best practices
You need the following:
- Experience with the SQL is required
- Experience or education with software development and/or quality assurance testing is preferable.
- Experience with automated regression testing a plus
- Experience working in an agile scrum environment is a plus
- Desire to work in an agile scrum environment testing software and become deeply knowledgeable of the operations of the product.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Possess good organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, follow and achieve timelines.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and superior problem-solving skills. Ability to work unsupervised.
Total Quality Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact recruiting at firstname.lastname@example.org.