The Credit Supervisor is an intermediary leader for the Credit team, which is responsible for establishing and maintaining appropriate credit limits for a diverse set of customers based on analytical rigor and sound business judgment. The Credit Supervisor’s role is to ensure the Credit team is making appropriate decisions by adhering to established guidelines, processes, and procedures. You will serve as a key contact/liaison for the sales floor and Credit team, assisting with and advising on escalated credit situations. You will be a subject matter expert on all credit policies and play a vital role in educating the sales floor on the rationale of a credit decision while providing superior customer service. Additionally, you will have responsibility for monitoring high-value credit limits and advising/timely notifying management of escalated high-risk issues.
Total Quality Logistics (TQL) is a multi-billion dollar leader in the third-party logistics industry. Its fast-paced, energetic sales model and state-of-the-art technology have propelled it from a Cincinnati startup to one of the largest freight brokerage firms in North America. Motivated employees from coast to coast help to arrange thousands of truckload freight movements every day. Fierce dedication to the company’s winning principles – integrity, honesty and teamwork – gives TQL the edge to continually exceed the expectations of its employees, customers and carriers, and makes this a company people are proud to be associated with. Do you have what it takes?
- Confirm the Credit team is making smart lending decisions.
- Ensure the Credit Team is compliant with established policies and procedures.
- Develop, maintain, and conduct periodic audits of individual Credit Team members.
- Summarize and report on audit findings to management; provide feedback to Team Leads to facilitate coaching opportunities with Analysts.
- Offer suggestions for policy/procedures improvements to management.
- Provide superior customer service.
- Ensure the team fulfills its turnaround time commitment to the sales floor and external customers.
- Routinely interact with sales leadership on credit request escalations to ensure the Credit Team is providing excellent service.
- Ensure the sales floor understands credit policies at a high level (provide feedback, answer questions, and prepare/conduct trainings upon request) as well as the rationale behind individual credit decisions.
- Coordinate appropriate responses to feedback (via the broker surveys or otherwise).
- Continuously monitor high value credit limit accounts.
- With the assistance of FP&A, prepare periodic reporting of all customers with combined credit limits over established thresholds.
- At the customer level, ensure the credit line granted is supported by proper documentation (standard credit reports, credit bureau ratings, financial statements, etc.).
- Monitor high-value credit limit accounts for red flags; communicate potential issues to Management immediately.
- Balance the need for continuous improvement of the team’s productivity with the need for good quality credit decisions within established service levels.
- Work with the Manager and Team Leads to continue to build a quality credit department with high caliber staff.
You need the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3 to 5+ years of relevant credit, collections, and/or TQL experience.
- 2+ years of demonstrated customer (internal and external) service experience.
- Excellent analytical and process management skills.
- Highly data proficient with tools such as Excel.
- Hands-on work ethic.
- Impeccable integrity and trustworthiness.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated progression in scope of responsibilities, leadership capacity and accountabilities.
- Ability to teach others, as well as learn other areas of our business as needed.
Total Quality Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact recruiting at email@example.com.
Credit / Collections