The Buyer is responsible for creating and reconciling purchase orders, delivering best in class customer service, and partnering with Strategic Sourcing in implementing category strategies. The Buyer will support the continued growth of the company by fulfilling the procurement requirements of internal customers in a fast-paced environment while also delivering financial savings.
Total Quality Logistics (TQL) is a multi-billion dollar leader in the third-party logistics industry. Its fast-paced, energetic sales model and state-of-the-art technology have propelled it from a Cincinnati startup to one of the largest freight brokerage firms in North America. Motivated employees from coast to coast help to arrange thousands of truckload freight movements every day. Fierce dedication to the company’s winning principles – integrity, honesty and teamwork – gives TQL the edge to continually exceed the expectations of its employees, customers and carriers, and makes this a company people are proud to be associated with. Do you have what it takes?
- Prepares purchase orders upon sourcing for best price/value and preferred supplier arrangements within company policy and departmental guidelines.
- Communicates regularly with internal customers to proactively address procurement needs and status of pending orders.
- Performs reconciliation of purchases with credit card charges and via general ledger system.
- Maintains clear documentation and audit trail of procurement activities.
- Builds and maintains supplier relationships with emphasis on cost reduction and elimination of inefficiencies throughout the procurement cycle.
- Partner with Strategic Sourcing to assist with:
- Negotiating with suppliers to procure a competitive quote within pricing guidelines
- Developing alternative sourcing options
- Identify and implement procurement process improvements
- Analyze spend data for cost saving opportunities
- Serves as the main contact for sourcing specialty items. Use information to develop and maintain an effective vendor base to procure various services and products.
- Process special requests – determining method to process requests according to required timeline, competitive pricing; identify the needs of requesting department and specifications for suppliers, equipment or commodities.
- Identify and select vendors that meet criteria as it relates to price, quality, quantity and delivery need.
You need the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in business/related field or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of experience in purchasing, finance, accounting, order processing, or inventory management
- Keen customer awareness, both external and internal
- Superb ability to negotiate with suppliers and vendors
- Strong analytical skills and data capabilities
- Ability to lead change with demonstrated history of a continuous improvement of work processes
- Impeccable integrity and trustworthiness
- Ability to work with limited supervision while under time constraints
Total Quality Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact recruiting at email@example.com.