Seeking an Information Security Specialist to lead the implementation and administration of TQL’s Information Security Program. The selected individual will be a key architect of TQL’s security strategy, and be responsible for monitoring activity. This includes safeguarding information system assets by identifying and resolving potential and actual security issues.
Total Quality Logistics (TQL) is a multi-billion dollar leader in the logistics industry. Our state-of-the-art technology is the competitive edge that has propelled us from a Cincinnati startup to one of the largest freight brokerage firms in North America. We were the first-to-market for mobile technology and continually develop and enhance in-house propriety solutions based on the latest Microsoft technologies. As a member of the IT team, you will help define where logistics technology is going in an industry that's ripe for automation while developing professionally along a robust career path.
- Work closely with users, the Network and Database teams, and Developers to resolve complex security issues
- Design, recommend, and implement security improvements by evaluating current systems and procedures, researching trends, and anticipating requirements
- Protect systems by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources
- Identify abnormalities, flag problems, and report violations
- Perform periodic system penetration testing
- Perform analysis and correlation of security events from multiple sources including but not limited to events from AV, network and host based intrusion detection systems, firewall logs, system logs (Windows primarily), Domain Controller Logs and windows artifacts
- Perform regular vulnerability scans of environment and recommend prioritized remediation of vulnerabilities found
- Evaluate, recommend and lead the effort to implement a Data Loss Prevention solution
- Uncover security violations and inefficiencies by conducting audits
- Upgrade system by implementing and maintaining security controls
- Provide a quarterly report on the status of TQL’s physical, data, and application security; include recent improvements and future recommendations
- Create and update annual security strategy report
- Attend educational workshops and read industry publications to grow technical knowledge and stay current on trends
- 4+ years of IT experience (1+ year of security experience preferred)
- B.S. in Computer Science OR equivalent technical experience
- Experience in Network Security, Information Security Policies, and Network Protocols
- Familiar with emerging technologies in the security monitoring, event correlation and alert/detection space
- Ability to troubleshoot Avaya/Cisco routers and switches
- Ability to correlate security events, system artifacts and IOCs and make accurate conclusions and timely remediation’s
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012, Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office 2013/2016
- Exceptional customer service skills
- CISSP Certification
- GIAC Certifications (GSEC, GIAC, GMON, GCIH, GPEN, or GWAPT)
- Experience with Cisco Firewalls, Security Onion (Snort/Bro), Cylance, and Nessus
Total Quality Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact recruiting at firstname.lastname@example.org.