The Facilities Support Specialist Lead reports to the Facilities Planning and Development Supervisor and interacts with all levels of management. This position is responsible for all predictive, preventative and corrective maintenance of assigned Regional or National Facilities, as well as the support of other facilities as needed lead supervisors for other Cincinnati and satellite facilities. Positions may be based in Cincinnati or other centralized regions and may require some travel to satellite office locations throughout the country.
Total Quality Logistics (TQL) is a multi-billion dollar leader in the third-party logistics industry. Its fast-paced, energetic sales model and state-of-the-art technology has propelled it from a Cincinnati start-up to one of the largest freight brokerage firms in North America. Motivated employees from coast-to-coast help to arrange thousands of truckload freight movements every day. Fierce dedication to the company’s winning principles – integrity, honesty and teamwork – gives TQL the edge to continually exceed the expectations of its employees, customers and carriers, and makes this a company people are proud to be associated with. Do you have what it takes?
- Manage multiple facilities within an assigned area to maintain any predictive, preventative or corrective maintenance. Including the management of plan and resources
- Manage all vendors/contractors necessary to maintain any facility’s needs, maintenance, set-up, tear down, or installations
- Lead employees and temporary workers to accomplish all facilities maintenance
- Ability to make decisions in a fast-paced environment and under tight deadlines
- Manage the setup and tear down of company events, including contracts when necessary, and provide assistance to marketing and other departments for these events as needed
- Assess and recommend need for replacement, repair and/or maintenance of electrical and plumbing fixtures. Based on assessment, either perform the service or manage the contractors performing the service
- Provide proposals for complex problems encountered, including written evaluation of problem, alternatives to fix the problem, and recommended solution to management, including resource and cost requirements.
- Implement the plan and manage the resources in accordance with the plan when approved, and provide a post-work assessment of any cost overruns
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with 24/7/365 availability as needed in urgent situations
- Ability to travel for periods of 1 to 5 days depending on the office location and size and complexity of office setup
- Expert in furniture systems including tear down, setup and configuration of workstations. Coordinate the physical move of the furniture assets between sites, including management of contractors when necessary
- Assist IT Departments in the setup, tear down and installation of IT systems including network components, PCs, monitors and other Audio/Visual Equipment
- Responsible for occasionally performing moderately advanced level of office setup and maintenance of new office facilities
- Helping with the planning, maintenance and improvement of existing office facilities
- Contributes to the growth of the business by referring quality candidates into the hiring process
- Perform minor to moderate carpentry repair and painting
- Transportation of equipment between satellite offices via car, vans and trucks (non CDL)
- Other duties as assigned
- No Direct Reports. Management of contractors on projects that require them.
You need the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent. College degree or advanced level trade schooling in related field a plus
- 2+ years’ relevant work experience preferred
- Plumbing and Carpentry Experience
- Electrical and low voltage wiring and Work Experience
- Systems Furniture Experience
- General Building Maintenance and Related Work Experience
- Management of direct reports or contractors on projects
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record within company and auto insurance required standards
- Ability to travel
- Working knowledge of using hand and power tools, mathematics, basic carpentry and preventative/predictive maintenance
- Effective management of contractors
- Analytically minded
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet use
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Disciplined work style with attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Ability to deal with time constraints and effectively manage deadlines
Total Quality Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact recruiting at firstname.lastname@example.org.