Seeking a highly motivated individual whose primary objective will be to assist our business partners implement cost effective technology based solutions. The Business Analyst will determine the requirements of a project or program necessary to reduce costs and simplify processes, and communicate them clearly to all stakeholders, facilitators and partners.
In third-party logistics, technology is essential in delivering extraordinary service—we set TQL apart by leveraging our ability to quickly access and communicate information to our customers. TQL is a company that pledges to “Exceed our Customers’ Expectations,” and Information Technology is the competitive edge that has propelled us to be the second largest freight brokerage firm in the nation.
We were the first-to-market for mobile technology, and we regularly enhance the in-house developed transportation management solution that enables our staff of 3,200+ sales professionals. We frequently trial and deploy new technology.
As a member of the IT Team, you will help define where logistics technology is going in an industry that’s ripe for automation. You will have opportunities to develop professionally and advance along a robust career path. Our fast-paced, competitive culture is balanced by our belief that work should be fun, and that’s why we’re one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
- Assisting with the development of the business case.
- Eliciting requirements from the stakeholders.
- Organizing, translating and simplifying requirements for all parties
- Communicating effectively with all parties.
- Analyzing and documenting functional requirements for software development projects.
- Planning and monitoring progress of projects and programs.
- Develop wireframes for applications.
- Work with Project Managers to use requirements in developing and implementing project plans.
- Communicate requirements to technical teams.
- Work with Quality Assurance to translate functional requirements into test plans.
- Manage change requests and incorporating them into functional requirements.
- Improves systems by studying current practices and designing modifications.
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation.
You need the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Business analysis and/or Process Development training and/or experience may substitute for degree. Knowledge of information technology required.
- At least three years of experience analyzing business needs and defining and implementing business process improvements required.
- At least three years of experience in defining business-related workflows and translating them into technical requirements required.
- Solid understanding of technology and how it is used to automate workflows required.
- Must have strong influence, facilitation, communication and collaboration skills.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills, and able to communicate effectively with a variety of disciplines and diverse groups of people.
- Exceptional organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, follow and achieve timelines is critical.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Total Quality Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact recruiting at email@example.com.