The TQL Facilities team is the reason why our office locations across the United States are some of the best in the business. This position has a heavy emphasis on all aspects of planning and development of current and future satellite offices as well as contributing to the development and maintenance of the Cincinnati headquarters. The individual will be based in Cincinnati but will travel regularly to satellite office locations throughout the country. This position is primarily responsible for performing moderate to advanced levels of office setup and maintenance of new facilities, and helping with the planning, maintenance and improvement of existing office facilities.
Total Quality Logistics (TQL) is a multi-billion dollar leader in the third-party logistics industry. Its fast-paced, energetic sales model and state-of-the-art technology has propelled it from a Cincinnati start-up to one of the largest freight brokerage firms in North America. Motivated employees from coast-to-coast help to arrange thousands of truckload freight movements every day. Fierce dedication to the company’s winning principles – integrity, honesty and teamwork – gives TQL the edge to continually exceed the expectations of its employees, customers and carriers, and makes this a company people are proud to be associated with. Do you have what it takes?
- Ability to travel for periods of 1 to 5 days depending on the office location and size and complexity of office setup.
- Ability to make decisions in a fast-paced environment and under tight deadlines.
- Become an expert in furniture systems including tear down, setup and configuration of workstations.
- Assist IT Departments in the setup, tear down and installation of IT systems including network components, PCs, monitors and other Audio/Visual Equipment.
- Replace, repair and/or maintain electrical and plumbing fixtures.
- Perform minor carpentry repair and painting.
- Develop and present reports for supervisor evaluating problems and providing recommendations for solutions.
- Working knowledge of using hand and power tools, mathematics, basic carpentry and preventative/predictive maintenance.
- Transportation of equipment between satellite offices via car, vans and trucks (non CDL).
- Work from elevated areas using ladders, platforms, motorized lifts and scaffolding.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with 24/7/365 availability as needed in urgent situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Contributes to the growth of the business by referring quality candidates into the hiring process.
You need the following:
- 1 plus years of experience working in commercial, residential and/or industrial environment.
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record within company and auto insurance required standards.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft office and Internet use.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Disciplined work style with attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to deal with time constraints and effectively manage deadlines.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Slackers need not apply.
Total Quality Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact recruiting at firstname.lastname@example.org.