At TQL, our rapid growth and success has leveraged our ability to deliver solutions with an emphasis on performance, scalability and reliability. As the Software Development Supervisor, you’ll be leading an elite group of software developers that focus on building, maintaining, and supporting internal and external web based solutions. We are not your typical back-office IT team - you’ll have exposure to all-levels of the organization with constant interactions with customers and peers. We emphasize collaboration among our teams to ensure we are exceeding company and department goals.
In third-party logistics, technology is essential in delivering extraordinary service—we set TQL apart by leveraging our ability to quickly access and communicate information to our internal and external customers as well as our carriers. TQL is a company that pledges to “Exceed our Customers’ Expectations,” and IT is the competitive edge that has propelled us to be the second largest freight brokerage firm in the nation.
We were the first-to-market for mobile technology, and we regularly enhance the in-house developed transportation management solution that enables our staff of 3,200+ sales professionals. We frequently trial and deploy new technology.
As a member of the IT Team, you will help define where logistics technology is going in an industry that’s ripe for automation. You will have opportunities to develop professionally and advance along a robust career path. Our fast-paced, competitive culture is balanced by our belief that work should be fun, and that’s why we’re one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
- Act as the primary leader for an application development team while contributing as a working developer when needed.
- Leads development of web solutions assigning work, according to individual strengths and team strengths utilizing .NET (VB & C#), ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, HTML5 and SQL Server 2008.
- Develop and coach team members to continually deliver cutting-edge solutions for our internal and external customers.
- Accountable for project timeliness, quality and cost.
- Act as the primary liaison to managers, product managers, and our business partners for web solutions and the solution portfolio.
- Architecting data structures, web structures, business logic, screen layouts, coding methods and services. Collaborates with the Architect – Emerging Technologies and the Architect – Operational Systems on these tasks.
- Manage projects to build, enhance and maintain software solutions. Communicate status to users, project stakeholders, customers, steering committees and internal IT Teams.
- Lead the development team to build, maintain and support software solutions and the environments that support them. Ensures solutions provide appropriate security and performance.
- Ensures comprehensive testing of all development work to achieve the highest quality releases possible.
- Utilizes the development team to resolve issues in an expedited manner and make appropriate changes to prevent future occurrences.
- Collaborates with, educates, supports and provides tools for help desk staff to efficiently and effectively support users, thus seeking to minimize support requests to the development team.
- Maintains a program of outreach and discovery for the software applications by having developers directly observe users to promote improvements or additions to the solution .
- Collaborates with the Architect – Emerging Technologies, and other major business constituents to strategically advance solutions in the portfolio and ensure they leverage the best available technologies and practices.
- Acts as a catalyst for continuous improvement in the solution portfolio and the development processes.
- Collaborates with the Architect – Emerging Technologies, the Architect – Operational Systems and other Application Development leaders and plays a key role in advising and architecting a service oriented architecture that assists the solution portfolio for critical business logic and data access.
- Document new programs or changes to existing programs.
You need the following:
- Proven experience managing people or leading a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT related field.
- Minimum 5-10 years development experience with Microsoft development technologies.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment using Agile Development Methodology.
- Rich experience with web based technology.
- Experience with iOS and/or Android development a plus.
- Impeccable and proven customer service and communication skills.
- Strong drive to collaborate with customers to exceed their expectations.
- Strong drive to design and build solutions utilizing and integrating a team to achieve consistently effective results.
- Ability to effectively communicate information to technical and non-technical end users.
- Ability to work on multiple projects or tasks at the same time.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt easily to changing tasks.
- Proven teamwork experience.
- Desire to be on the cutting edge and willing to stay on top of the emerging technologies.
Total Quality Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact recruiting at email@example.com.